A Workshop to Enhance Student Communication Skills
If English is not your first language, and you would like to work on your speaking and listening abilities, the University Center for Language and Literacy is offering a special program to help master the American accent and build your communication skills. The program will help you “hear” the American accent for better listening, while also helping to improve your own speech. We use speech and language techniques technically known as accent reduction to help non-native speakers feel more at home and confident in their communications with native speakers.
Pathway to Mastering the American Accent
Weekly Sessions Include:
– Group conversations
– A 15-20 minute assessment and discussion of the student’s goals
– Exercises for improving articulation, rate control, and projection
– Guidance from a licensed speech-language therapist
- When: Fridays, 2:30-4 p.m. May 5 – June 30, 2017
- Where: 1111 E. Catherine St. Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2054
- Cost: $275.00 for the series, plus purchase of Mastering the American Accent by Lisa Mojsin.
- Call 734-764-8440 for more information.
- Download the Mastering the American Accent Workshop (PDF) flyer and post for all to see!