Ongoing Groups for Reducing Social Anxiety in Safe Setting
People with social anxiety often worry about appearing incompetent, weak, awkward, or anxious in social situations. They may experience heart pounding, blushing, shaking, sweating and dry throat, or they may ruminate on how they come across to others. However, you don’t have to continue to suffer in silence. Our group therapy offers ways of reducing social anxiety and tackling performance issues when under stress.
In our evidence-based groups, participants identify and shift unhealthy thinking patterns that perpetuate anxiety, while they are guided and supported in gradually facing their fears. The group focuses on reducing performance and social anxiety within a guided group of peers experiencing similar issues.
- When: 8-week sessions, Wednesdays, 6-7:30 p.m. – However, some sessions are flexible. We work with our clients to set up the most accessible dates and times.
- Where: 500 E. Washington St., Suite 100, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Cost: $40 per group session per week; some costs may be covered by insurance.
- Call (734) 764-3471 for more information.
- Download a PDF of the Reducing Performance and Social Anxiety Flyer