Join Us! A Communication Group Open to All in the Aphasia Community
UMAC is a communication group that meets weekly offered by the University Center for Language and Literacy (UCLL) for those with aphasia. In this group, participants will meet others with aphasia while also boosting language skills. Groups are run by a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist who prepares activities for varying group sizes, skills, and topics. Participants practice speaking and interacting in a supportive and friendly environment. Our program emphasizes functional communication that is useful for those of all communication levels. Through four sessions you will build confidence in your communication skills and learn new techniques to take with you after the program ends!
Attendance at all sessions is recommended but you are free to choose whichever sessions work best for you. This group is open to those of all communication skill levels. Aphasia can be incredibly isolating and takes a toll on confidence. This group takes aim at breaking down both of those challenges.
What to Expect
- Large group activities emphasizing language building skills
- Small group activities with emphasis on verbal and auditory communication
- Creative activities to practice and enhance communication led by a licensed Speech Language Pathologist
- A friendly environment with participants providing social and emotional support for each other
Call (734) 764-8440 to register.
- When: Wednesdays, 9-11:45 a.m. March 7-28, 2018
- Where: UM Facilities Planning & Development Bldg. 2101 Commonwealth Blvd. Suite B., Ann Arbor, MI 48105
- Cost: $140 for four sessions or $35 per session, due at time of registration.
Learn More: Visit the UMAC web page for more dates and details. Also runs through April and May!