The U-M Aphasia Community (UMAC) group is a great way to meet people in the aphasia community while boosting communication skills and confidence! If you or your loved one has aphasia, please consider joining us for our April session.
The University Center for Language and Literacy (UCLL) offers UMAC weekly for those with aphasia. Groups are facilitated by a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist who prepares activities for groups of varying sizes and skill levels. Activities will target all aspects of communication, including speaking, listening, and comprehending. You will practice speaking and interacting in a supportive and friendly environment, and learn new techniques to take home after the program ends! We emphasize functional communication, for all communication levels.
UMAC is split into monthly sessions of four group meetings. Please visit the UMAC page to see all of the sessions occurring this year.
This group is open to those of all communication skill levels. Aphasia can be incredibly isolating and takes a toll on confidence — this group takes aim at making connections and building confidence in speech and social interactions.
What to Expect
- Large group activities emphasizing language building skills
- Small group activities with emphasis on verbal and auditory communication
- Creative activities to practice and enhance communication led by a licensed Speech Language Pathologist
- A friendly environment with participants providing social and emotional support for each other
UMAC Session Details
- When: Wednesdays, 9-11:45 a.m., April 3-24, 2019 (4 sessions)
- Where: UM Facilities Planning & Development Bldg. 2101 Commonwealth Blvd. Suite B., Ann Arbor, MI 48105
- Cost: $140 for the 4-week session, due at time of registration.
Learn More: Visit the UMAC web page for more details on additional dates this year!
How to Register
Fill out our secure online UMAC Application. Call (734) 764-8440 for more information, or if you need assistance.