The following information provides guidelines on how to process both front-end billing as well as general MARI Central Office billing. The MARI procedures are broken down by daily, weekly and monthly practices to provide timing guidelines, ensuring our billing is handled in a routine manner. If you have any questions about the processes, please contact your supervisor.
Front End Billing
Front end billing is broken into two main segments: Registration and Authorization.
- Verify Insurance
- Collect Documents
- Establish Copay
- Request Initial Authorization
- Add additional Visits
- Encounter Complete
- Receive Client Payments
MARI Central Office Billing Procedures
- Cash Reconciliation and Deposit
- Appointment Verification and Encounter Transition
- Apply Client Credits
- Clinician Follow up for Missing Encounters
- Print Statements for Clients with Appointment
- Apply Insurance Payments
- Work Denials and Rejections
- Work Credit Balance Report
- Work Insurance Aging Report
- Claim Submission to Clearinghouse
Billing policies will be added soon.