How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To apply please view the Marketing Communications Specialist job posting on The University of Michigan jobs portal.
The deadline for applications is May 9th.
Provide leadership for the development of the Mary A. Rackham Institute’s (MARI) marketing and communication plans, which visually and contextually communicate MARI’s Brand for enhancing the local and national awareness of services for:
- University Center for Language and Literacy (UCLL),
- University Center for the Child and Family (UCCF)
- Psychological Clinic (Psych Clinic).
The marketing leads effort distribution: 80% UCLL, 20% MARI-Wide activities such as strategic planning, budgeting and supervision of intern.
This position is part time, 20 hours per week.
Specific duties include:
- Develop and implement web strategies for promoting services through strategic marketing on the website(s) or social media platform(s). Implement content strategy to ensure the site meets marketing objectives. Monitors site access patterns to adjust strategies and plans.
- Interface with Public Relations firm to promote UCLLs programs. Administer other public relations efforts for the Institute such as distributing press releases to local media and working with the U-M Press Office.
- Develop and write print publications (i.e., newsletters, brochures, manuals, websites, social media platforms, etc.). Create and present original concepts and designs for high-end print and multimedia projects and campaigns, annual reports, brochures.
- Coordinate print and web-based marketing promotions such as e-mail campaigns, social media, and advertising. Coordinate the distribution of internal and external marketing literature.
- Coordinate paid print and online advertising
- Develop and monitor calendar of promotional activities and coordinate implementation.
- Maintain marketing data, including prospect/customer/referral demographic information, competitive information, contact history, industry information, and general market information.
- Develop project budgets for marketing and communication campaigns.
- Provide supervision of the marketing intern who assists with implementation of the marketing strategic plan.
- Promote MARI events
- Bachelors degree in related field (Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in a directly related role requiring confidentiality, timeliness, customer service, organization, prioritization, problem solving, and working independently to successfully market and communicate organizational needs
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of public relations, marketing and/or communications
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, document and deliver communication approaches and detailed tactical plans.
- Demonstrated experience in writing online and print content
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, correctly, knowledgeably, and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated successful results in developing large complex communication campaigns.
- Demonstrated proficiency with current computer technology and applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Drupal and the Adobe Suite of products)
- Demonstrated ability to and enthusiasm for learning new hardware and software applications to adapt to evolving trends in IT and public relations, marketing, and communication.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the active use of at least two social media channels, and familiarity with trends in social media marketing
- Basic understanding of Web design, development and HTML with demonstrated experience driving content creation, improvements and analytics
Work samples required.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
If interested, please apply on the University of Michigan’s job portal for the Marketing Communications Specialist job posting.
The deadline for applications is May 9th.