Job Opening ID: 162727
The University Psychological Clinic at the Mary A. Rackham Institute – UM has an opening for a senior-level social worker, MSW, to provide care to adults at the clinic.
This role includes the following responsibilities:
- Direct clinical practice (24 hours per week, and clinical supervision with social work trainees 2-4 hours per week). Apply evidence-based treatment protocols and interventions for individuals and groups. Expert in wellness-focused methods and mindfulness approaches (MBCT, MBSR, Self-Compassion). Supervision provided in individual and group format that is informed by current research. Clinical work and supervision with young adult to geriatric populations.
- Clinically related administrative time (5 hours): MSW trainee recruitment, program development, collaboration with UCLL, UCCF for social work training and services, also with UMHS, UHS, CAPS, School of Social Work
- Teaching/Supervision: supervision of social work fellow and one social work intern clinical observations. This includes 1 hour per week of individual supervision, 1 hour per week review of clinical writing, 1 hour per week attendance at the case conference. Intern cases (unlicensed provider) will be 4 of the 24 required billable units per week.
- Participation in agency initiatives: 90-minute weekly staff meeting, weekly attendance at 60-minute senior staff meetings, bimonthly attendance at MARI social work meetings, attendance at school of social work meetings as needed and other agency events.
- Master-Level Social Worker (LMSW) licensed in the State of Michigan
- Five or more years of experience in clinical practice and clinical supervision.
- A background in evidence-based practice, and psychotherapy integration that includes expertise in wellness-focused methods and group work and mindfulness approaches (MBCT, MBSR, Self-Compassion).
- Experience working with young adult to geriatric populations.
- Teaching/supervisory experience in affiliated health care or group practice experience is preferred.
For more details such as salary range and additional requirements, view the posting.
U-M offers an excellent full-time benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; prescription coverage; continuing education/tuition assistance; retirement and generous paid time off. Learn more at the U-M Benefits web section.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. All applications need to be submitted through the U-M Careers website to be considered.
- The deadline to apply is Oct. 12, 2018. You can learn more about the position by visiting the job posting.
- Direct link to the position (click or copy and paste the URL in your browser address bar): http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/162724/social_worker
- If you are interested in applying, you must do so online at the U-M Careers website.
- You can also locate the job posting by searching for the posting ID: 162727.