Job Opening ID: 162724
The University Center for the Child and Family (UCCF) at the Mary A. Rackham Institute – U-M has an opening for a clinical social worker to provide clinical care to children and families.
This role includes the following responsibilities:
- Clinical Work (26 billable hours per week = 65% effort) that includes providing mental health services to children, adolescents, parents, and families. Services may include intake appointments, diagnostic evaluations, and psychotherapy for a range of presenting concerns common among youth and families.
- Clinically related administrative time (8 hours per week = 20% effort) includes writing progress notes, writing clinical reports, collateral contacts, corresponding with clinic administrative team about patient care matters.
- Teaching/Supervision (4 hours per week = 10% effort) Supervision of one social work intern to include 1 hour per week of individual supervision, 1 hour per week review of clinical writing, 1 hour per week attendance at the case conference. Social Work intern cases (unlicensed provider) will be 2-3 of the 26 required billable units per week.
- Participation in agency initiatives (2 hours per week = 5% effort) 30-minute weekly staff meeting, bi-monthly attendance at senior staff meetings, bimonthly attendance at agency social work meetings, attendance at other agency events.
- Master’s degree in social work from a school accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
- Current LMSW license to practice social work in the State of Michigan
- Demonstrated training and clinical experience working with children, adolescents, and families
- Teaching/supervisory experience preferred;
- Experience working with higher-risk youth is preferred.
For more details such as salary range and additional requirements, view the posting.
U-M offers an excellent full-time benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; prescription coverage; continuing education/tuition assistance; retirement and generous paid time off. Learn more at the U-M Benefits web section.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. All applications need to be submitted through the U-M Careers website to be considered.
- The deadline to apply is Oct. 12, 2018. You can learn more about the position by visiting the job posting.
- Direct link to the position (click or copy and paste the URL in your browser address bar): http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/162724/social_worker
- If you are interested in applying, you must do so online at the U-M Careers website.
- You can also locate the job posting by searching for the posting ID: 162724.