Each year, during the University of Michigan Student Move-In, thousands of students from all over the world join the U-M community! From August 28-30, students and their families will be moving into residence halls all over campus. Some traffic and parking patterns will be changed to accommodate our new and returning community members.
MARI clients should expect increased traffic and be aware that there will be reduced parking options around Ann Arbor. University Police officers will be on site to help maintain efficient traffic flow.
Traffic alterations will be in place 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on August 28-30 on the following streets:
- East Washington between Fletcher and Thayer: one-way eastbound only
- Thompson between Jefferson and Packard: one-way southbound only
- East Madison between Thompson and State: one-way eastbound only
- East Ann between Zina Pitcher St. and Observatory: one-way eastbound only
- Observatory between Geddes and East Ann: one-way southbound only
Most metered street parking in the immediate vicinity of residence halls will be reserved for students and families moving in. The following U-M lots and parking structures will be impacted by Move-In:
- Lot M28, on Washington Heights.
- Lot M95, just east of Markley Hall, will have the west half dedicated to Move-In.
- Lot E1, on North University Court across from Stockwell Hall.
- Palmer Parking Structure (N-26), all visitor parking will be for Move-In participants.
- Lot W16 (the “triangle lot”), on Thompson at Madison and Packard will be controlled for Move-In.
- Lot NC32 (Baits Drive south of Baits 2), will have 20 spaces reserved for Move-In participants.
Please be aware that there will be increased enforcement on these days and cars not displaying proper Move-In permits will be ticketed or towed.