The University Center for Language and Literacy (UCLL), at the Mary A. Rackham Institute (MARI) – University of Michigan, is recruiting for a senior-level Speech Language Pathologist. This SLP – Senior position is full-time, regular, and exempt. The deadline to apply is June 22, 2018.
The person in this role will:
- Provide diagnostic and therapeutic intervention to adults with aphasia and apraxia and/or adults and children with language/literacy disorders. Prepare and disseminate meaningful clinical speech and language reports.
- Participate in client staffings with SLPs.
- Assist in research programs.
- Supervise student interns and clinical fellows.
- Provide ongoing education and counseling to clients and families. Also participate in consultation with families, school or other professionals.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Master’s degree in speech-language pathology with ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence, and
- Experience with adults with neurological-based disorders, particularly aphasia; and/or with children with language/literacy disorders.
- Excellent oral communication, proficient organizational, time management and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability work in a team environment.
For more details such as salary range and additional requirements, view the posting.
U-M offers an excellent full-time benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; prescription coverage; continuing education/tuition assistance; retirement and generous paid time off. Learn more at the U-M Benefits web section.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. All applications need to be submitted through the U-M Careers website to be considered.
- The deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. June 22, 2018. You can learn more about the position by visiting the job posting.
- Direct link to the position (click or copy and paste the URL in your browser address bar): http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/159063/speech_language_pathologist_sr
- If you are interested in applying, you must do so online at the U-M Careers website.
- You can also locate the job posting by searching for the posting ID: 159063.