- Session G: Monday, 7/10 – Thursday, 8/3 (19 days)
- Session H: Monday, 8/7 – Thursday, 8/31 (19 days)
- Session I: Tuesday, 9/5 – Thursday, 9/28 (18 days)
- Session J: Monday, 10/2 – Thursday, 10/26 (19 days)
- Session K: Monday, 10/30 – Friday, 11/17 (15 days)
- Session L: Monday, 11/27 – Friday, 12/15 (15 days)
Each session has a limited number of slots available. If you are thinking about coming to UMAP, please contact us and let us know when you would like to secure a spot as some sessions fill quickly.
Reduced Fee Sessions
The sessions marked with * indicate our 15% off seasonal discount. This makes the months of December, January, February and March ideal times to begin or continue work on your recovery. Ann Arbor is beautiful during the winter months. It has plenty to offer year-round, including great dining, arts and cultural events, shopping and sporting events. If you’re interested in learning more about our season discounts, please contact us at (734) 764-8440.
* 15% discount does not apply to group music therapy.
Ready to Apply?
Click here to get started on the application or to learn more about the process.Take Me to the Application Page
Program Costs and Insurance
Part Time and Reduced-Cost Options
Some clients may qualify for up to 75% reduction in fees, depending on a variety of factors. Please refer to the financial assistance policy information box for more specifics. Part time options are available. We work with prospective clients to design the optimal therapy program within their budget. UMAP also offers a 15% discount on sessions December through March.
If you have any questions, we are happy to answer them. You can call us at (734) 764-8440 or fill out the “contact us” form at the bottom of this page.
Why the Cost?
Our program is one of the most prominent in the nation. We have a highly dedicated team of SLPs who practice new and tested techniques customized to each client’s needs with a goal of achieving measurable results. We’ve also been doing this for awhile. Our program, founded in 1947, is widely regarded as the first intensive language therapy for those with aphasia — and other programs across the country are modeled off of our original approach.
Payments are made directly to UMAP. Payment of your account is due to us in three installments:
- 10% non-refundable deposit due with your application upon acceptance to the program.
- 40% payment due by the first day of therapy.
- The remainder is due during the last week of the session.
Can I Use My Insurance?
We cannot directly accept insurance as a form of payment. Each insurance plan has different benefits and coverage policies for therapy and out-of-network treatment. We are happy to assist you in filing insurance claims to try and get reimbursement from non-Medicare/Medicaid insurers. Results will vary based on your specific plan. Please feel free to call and ask to speak to our billing representative with insurance-related questions and we will help you navigate as best we can.
We have had success with assisting clients with reimbursements from:
- Tricare (Active and Non-Active Military)
- Some Blue Cross Blue Shield plans (excluding Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan plans)
- Many commercial insurance plans, including workman’s compensation, and auto insurance plans.
If you have questions about insurance, or specific plans, please contact La Shawn Westbrook, our client account representative, at (734) 647-2492.
Ready to Apply?
Click to get started or to learn more about the application process.Take Me to the Application Page
Michigan residents may be eligible for:
- Up to 75% reduction if their income does not exceed 250% of the federal poverty guidelines and they meet other criteria for assistance.
- A 50% reduction if their household income is between 250% and 400% of the federal poverty guidelines and they meet other criteria.
Clients from outside of Michigan may receive:
- A 40% adjustment of charges if the client’s household income does not exceed 250% of the established federal poverty level guidelines set forth for the current year as well as other requirements.
- A 25% adjustment of charges if household income is between 250% and 400% of the established federal poverty level guidelines set forth for the current year as well as other requirements.
- 2017 Federal Poverty Guidelines Chart
- The overall MARI Financial Policy.
the Financial Assistance Application (PDF)