Thank you for your interest in supporting UCLL's University of Michigan Aphasia Program! Your generosity will help us fulfill our mission.
Your tax-deductible donations are used in many ways, including:
- Extending services to people who may not be able to otherwise afford them.
- Underwriting therapy and other services to keep costs down for everyone.
- Purchasing state-of-the-art therapy materials and tools.
- Helping develop and carry out aphasia awareness campaigns.
- Funding new initiatives, such as couples' communication workshops.
Large or small, each donation counts!
Ways to Make a Direct Donation
Many people find it simpler to make a donation through the secure online system offered through the U-M Office of Development. You can choose where to send your donation by selecting a link below. You will leave our website and will be redirected to the fund page housed on the U-M Development website. Please visit the Michigan Online Giving page by selecting the link below to donate securely online:
- University Center for Language & Literacy General Fund (308444) – Gifts enable under-served clients and families to benefit from our programs, such as our highly regarded children’s PACT program and University of Michigan Aphasia Program (UMAP). You can make a note if your donation is in memory or honor of someone.
Tim Wadhams & Tyler Thomas Aphasia Awareness Fund (338657) — Tyler Thomas decided to compete in the IronMan Triathlon race in honor of close family friend, Tim Wadhams. Tim had a stroke and was subsequently diagnosed with aphasia. Tyler said at first he was going to do the race in Tim’s honor, as a way to show solidarity with overcoming challenges and pushing himself. But it transformed into something bigger. “When I started reading up and learning about aphasia, it opened up a whole different side of it that not a lot of people actually know,” Tyler said. This fund was specifically established to help support aphasia awareness and access to aphasia resources, like the U-M Aphasia Program.
See the full story of how this fund was established: Racing toward Aphasia Awareness
Alternately, you can go to the Leaders and Best website and search for "aphasia" to find the U-M Aphasia Program related funds.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail from the University of Michigan Office of Development, and we will be notified of your donation.
If you prefer to send a check to make a donation, here's how:
Please make the check out to “University of Michigan” and mail or deliver to the following address:
Center for Language and Literacy
Attention: Carol Persad, Director
1111 E. Catherine St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
In the memo line of your check, please indicate that you would like your donation to be designated for UMAP or another UCLL program.
Call the UCLL office at (734) 764-8440 to begin the process.
Other Ways to Contribute
Kroger Community Rewards
If you shop at Kroger, please consider adding us as your community rewards organization! You can find directions on how to do so on the Kroger community rewards page at www.kroger.com/signin.
You can search for us using our ID number: 33172 or by searching language as a keyword.
Kroger requires you to log in and recommit your community rewards each year.
Donate Your Time
We also have several volunteer opportunities for those who are interested. This could mean interacting with clients to spreading the word about our program on Facebook to writing first-person essays for our caregiver resource center.
If you'd like to give back, here are some suggestions on what shape that could take:
- Come back to talk about your experiences and to encourage and support others with aphasia.
- Participate in UMAP community outreach events to help raise aphasia awareness.
- Volunteer to be a contact for potential clients who want to know more about UMAP.
- Deliver UMAP materials and tip sheets to organizations in your area.
Become an Aphasia Ambassador!
Be part of UMAP’s Aphasia Ambassador Program. You can sign up by clicking below and filling out a brief form about your interests and availability.