The U-M Aphasia Program October 2019 session will be beginning soon! Our intensive and individualized approach to speech language therapy might be a good fit for you if you’re looking to regain communicative ability after a stroke or head injury that caused a communication disorder.
The University of Michigan Aphasia Program (UMAP) is an intensive speech-language therapy program that provides individuals battling aphasia with the tools they need to rebuild and improve their communication skills. We focus on developing the skills that will help you build confidence, independence, connection, and hope. Sessions are offered throughout the year with full-time and part-time options available. You can see the schedule here: UMAP Session Dates
Aphasia Program October 2019 Session Details
When: The October session runs from September 30-October 24, 2019. Please see our Dates and Rates page for information on other session dates in 2019.
Where: University of Michigan Aphasia Program at the University Center for Language and Literacy (UCLL), 1111 E. Catherine St. Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Cost: Varies based on several factors. Call (734) 764-8440 for more information or to discuss financial assistance options.
The October 2019 session will include:
- Individual therapy with certified Speech-Language Pathologists – we use a teamwork approach, so each client has a primary therapist, but also benefits from exposure to other SLPs.
- Group therapy sessions where clients can practice their communication skills and build confidence in a dynamic setting.
- Computer lab sessions where clients gain exposure to a variety of technology and continue to gain proficiency with their own personal devices.
- Music therapy where clients find their voices in new ways through singing and learning instruments.
- Recreational activities including outings to sporting events, dinners at local restaurants, and more!
Ready to apply for the U-M Aphasia Program October 2019 session? If so, this page will help: how to apply. Or if you would like to speak to someone about program details, flexible options, financial support or fit, please call us at (734) 764-8440.
More about UMAP
The U-M Aphasia Program is an intensive comprehensive aphasia program (ICAP) that offers treatment and support to our clients at all stages in their aphasia recovery. Our certified Speech-Language Pathologists use a life participation approach (LPP) and a variety of therapy modes to give each client an individualized program that works for them. We use a research-based curriculum that includes individual and group therapy, music therapy and computer and tech work. Each session lasts 3 to 4 weeks and includes 24-27 hours of therapy per week. Part-time options and financial assistance are available.