UCLL offers workshops and ongoing language and literacy development sessions geared toward ensuring everyone has access to success — despite whatever challenges they may be facing. This page provides an overview of our workshops and session-based programs that are aimed at helping you achieve success.
If you are looking for information on our individual services or would like to explore our more intensive, individualized programs, click one of the following links:
Speaking American English Workshop - Ongoing
What to Expect as a Participant in the Speaking American Workshop
- The initial meeting focused on setting your personal goals and objectives
- Group and individual activities
- Exercises for improving articulation, rate control, and projection
- Increased confidence in social and professional interactions
- Guidance from a licensed Speech and Language Pathologist
"I was very happy with the results!"
If English is not your first language, the University Center for Language and Literacy offers a special speech-language program to help you feel more comfortable and confident when conversing in English.
Our certified Speech and Language Pathologists use techniques technically known as accent modification to help non-native speakers feel more at home in their communications – whether that’s giving a presentation or taking notes in a class with a native speaker with a fast cadence. The goal of the program is not to eliminate the accents of our clients, but to enhance communication skills for greater confidence in any setting.
Participants set their own individual goals at the start of the workshop and will work to achieve those goals using a combination of small group activities and one-on-one interaction, facilitated by a Speech and Language Pathologist.
Sessions run throughout the year, typically aligned with the University of Michigan semester schedule.
- When: Flexible – contact us for dates.
- Where: In-person or virtual
- Cost: $275.00 per 8-10 week session, or $100.00 per hour for individual sessions
- Ages: 18 and older
- Materials Needed: purchase of the workbook Mastering the American Accent by Lisa Mojsin.
To find out more about our workshops and registration, please contact us.