The University Center for the Child and Family (UCCF) offers free Parenting Through Separation and Divorce virtual workshops each month. The link to access the online workshop is provided to participants after registration. All upcoming sessions are scheduled for 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. Tuesdays via Zoom. Click here to register.
- January 24
- February 14
- March 14
- April 11
- May 9
Separation or divorce is difficult to handle in general — when children are in the mix, it becomes that much more complex. Many parents are concerned about the well-being of their children during this time of change. This University Center for the Child and Family workshop delivers practical parenting advice in a collaborative, caring environment for those going through change. We help parents understand their children’s needs during the transition and offer specific suggestions for creating the most beneficial post-divorce parenting relationships.
The program is an approved alternative to the SMILE Program by the Friend of the Court.
What to Expect
- Practical, actionable advice for couples going through a temporary or permanent split.
- A caring and collaborative environment for attendees facilitated by UCCF staff members.
- Guidance to help parents understand their children’s needs during what can be a tumultuous time of change and uncertainty.
- A certificate of participation once the workshop is over.
- While it is free, workshop participants must register via Eventbrite. You will be provided the link once your registration is confirmed.
Spring 2023 – Workshop Details
- When: 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. Tuesdays
- Where: via Zoom (register via Eventbrite for the link)
- Cost: Free, but registration is required.
- How to Register: Click here to open the Eventbrite registration