The University Center for the Child and Family (UCCF) offers a free Parenting Through Separation and Divorce workshop each month. The link to access the online workshop is provided to participants after registration. All remaining Fall 2021 sessions are scheduled for 12-1 p.m. Tuesdays via Zoom. Click here to register.
Fall 2021 Session Dates:
- October 12
- November 9
- December 14
Separation or divorce is difficult to handle in general — when children are in the mix, it becomes that much more complex. Many parents are concerned about the well-being of their children during this time of change. This University Center for the Child and Family workshop delivers practical parenting advice in a collaborative, caring environment for those going through change. We help parents understand their children’s needs during the transition and offer specific suggestions for creating the most beneficial post-divorce parenting relationships.
The program is an approved alternative to the SMILE Program by the Friend of the Court.
What to Expect
- Practical, actionable advice for couples going through a temporary or permanent split.
- A caring and collaborative environment for attendees facilitated by UCCF staff members.
- Guidance to help parents understand their children’s needs during what can be a tumultuous time of change and uncertainty.
- A certificate of participation once the workshop is over.
- While it is free, workshop participants must register via Eventbrite. You will be provided the link to join the workshop once your registration is confirmed.
- When: 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. Tuesdays (Oct. 12, Nov. 9, Dec. 14)
- Where: via Zoom (register for the link).
- Cost: Free, but registration is required.
- How to Register: Click here to open the Eventbrite registration