The University Center for the Child and Family (UCCF) offers a monthly free Parenting Through Separation and Divorce workshop. The link to access the online workshop is provided to participants after registration. The session is scheduled for 12-1 p.m. Monday, June 21, 2021 via Zoom. Click here to register.
Separation or divorce is difficult to handle in general — when children are in the mix, it becomes that much more complex. Many parents are concerned about the well-being of their children during this time of change. This University Center for the Child and Family workshop can help participants navigate the choppy waters of parenting while separating/divorcing, and deliver practical advice in a collaborative, caring environment. We help parents understand their children’s needs during the transition and offer specific suggestions for creating the most beneficial post-divorce parenting relationships.
The program is an approved alternative to the SMILE Program by the Friend of the Court.
What to Expect
- Practical, actionable advice for couples going through a temporary or permanent split.
- A caring and collaborative environment for attendees facilitated by UCCF staff members.
- Guidance to help parents understand their children’s needs during what can be a tumultuous time of change and uncertainty.
- A certificate of participation once the workshop is over.
This workshop offers specific suggestions for creating the most beneficial post-divorce parenting relationships. While it is free, workshop participants must register via Eventbrite.
June 2021 Workshop Details
- When: 12 p.m. (NOON) Monday, June 21, 2021
- Where: via Zoom (register for the link)
- Cost: Free, but registration is required.
- How to Register: Click here to open the Eventbrite registration